Guyana’s 51st Independence Anniversary Celebration Committee (New York)
3402 Farragut Road. Brooklyn NY 11210
Dear Fellow Guyanese:
As you are aware, our nation will celebrate its 50th Anniversary of Independence on May 26 this year.
To commemorate this historic milestone, Guyana’s 50th Independence Anniversary Celebration Committee (NY), in conjunction with the Guyana Consulate and United Nations Mission, has planned a spectacular Golden Jubilee celebration from June 4 – 12, 2016, for the New York metropolitan region.
Our celebration theme is: “Reflect Our Journey: Forging Unity and Embracing Modernity.” We have designated June 4 – 12, 2016 – “Guyana Jubilee Week” in New York.
His Excellency Brigadier David Granger, President of Guyana, Honorable Moses Nagamootoo, Prime Minister, and other officials of the government of Guyana, will be Guests of Honor at various events during “Jubilee Week.”
The Highlight of “Jubilee Week” will be the grand finale Guyanese-American Unity/Independence Parade (Mashramani) and Unity Rally in Brooklyn. The parade will commence on Church Avenue and conclude with a grand Unity Rally at South Shore High School Park (Flatlands & Ralph Avenues).
I invite every Guyanese to participate in the Unite Parade and Mashramani on June 12, 2016, by either joining a costume band or their hometown section and help display the splendor of our Guyanese heritage.
The application to register a costume band or section, as well as other Parade details, are attached .
You may contact the following committee members, or visit our website at www.celebrateguyana50thinnyc.com for further information
PARADE COORDINATORS AND CONTACT PERSONS:
1. Registration of costume bands, floats and sections – Sharmin Prince: Tel: 718- 506-8255. Email: Ifioma@gmail.com.
2. Costume bands and floats Coordinator – Brenda Hooper-Marshall: Tel: 718- 510-3610. Email: email@example.com.
3. Sections & Music Trucks Coordinator – Sean London: Tel: 347- 414-3581. Email: Warr21@aol.com.
4. Queens Coordinators – Dr. Dhanpaul Narine: Tel: 718-501-3189. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Jack Bharrat: Tel: 718- 807-5200. Email: email@example.com.
5. Coordinator for Entertainment Promoters – Jason Waldron: Tel: 347- 667-9369. Email: Jwaldron2323@gmail.com
Yours in service